About Our Managing Director
John Leftwich is arguably the Region’s most experienced Asset Manager. His 32 year professional background is a unique combination of Financial Services and Auction- Appraisal.
He was GE Capital’s head of Global Asset Management Asia Pacific, Japan and India from 1997 to 2009. John was responsible for Residual Value setting and policy, Asset valuation underwriting, Lease portfolio management and recovery. John created GE’s asset management capability in ANZ and then went on to build “in house” capability across the region. Japan was first in 2000, then Korea, India and Singapore.
From 1985 to 1997, John created the Pickles Auctions Commercial Division and was the group’s Principal Auctioneer and Valuer. In this time he project managed and conducted the largest Auctions and Sale programs ever undertaken in Australia. These included:
- The first Pay TV License- Spectrum Auction for the Commonwealth Government
- Sale of 36 Training aircraft for the RAAF
- Sale of Cockatoo Island Dockyard for the Dept of Defence
- The first Auction ever conducted on mainland China for their local
- Government, world’s largest floating restaurant in the former Canton
- Unilever’s detergent’s plant at Minto NSW
- Lunar Park’s major closing sale before renovation
- Tall Ships, Bounty and Svanen, now Sydney Harbour icons.
John is an API Certified Appraiser, a Licensed Business and Real estate Agent.